RADIO STATION ID
Radio Station ID Transforms the Dial
Today, radio station discovery relies on drivers memorizing station frequencies and scanning the dial. Gracenote Radio Station ID transforms how drivers search for and find radio stations by delivering rich data and imagery, such as station logos, names and formats, that allow automakers to create visually rich, consistent smart guides for radio.
Improved Search & Navigation
Rich imagery and normalized radio station metadata, including station logos, names, frequencies and formats, enables the creation of Smart Guides for Radio that let drivers browse their favorite stations and music.
Station Formats & Categories
Gracenote editorial teams have organized and normalized radio music formats to simplify how drivers navigate and find stations that match their musical tastes. By leveraging a team of music experts, Gracenote has fine-tuned station categories to be more relevant and intuitive to listeners.
Location-based discovery eliminates the need for driver’s to ‘scan the dial’ as they move outside of signal range. Radio Station ID automatically presents available stations based on the driver’s location, while also providing data-driven recommendations to enable drivers to discover more of the radios stations they love as they drive between regions.
Hybrid Radio Solution
Delivers radio station IP URLs to enable the ability to switch from terrestrial to streaming radio broadcasts when the driver moves beyond terrestrial range. With flexible integration options, automakers can provide drivers the option to manually initiate the switch to streaming, or switch automatically based on the strength and reliability of the broadcast signal.
Gracenote Radio Station ID incorporates visually recognizable branded radio station names and logos, simplifying radio station selection.
- Automatically presents available stations based on location and driver preferences – eliminating the need for drivers to ‘scan the dial’ as they move outside of range.
- Provides rich, consistent user interfaces when toggling between radio stations.
- Global solution covering both analog and digital broadcast: AM/FM/HD/DAB.
- Enhanced radio station profiles and descriptive metadata enable radio stations to be presented in a smart guide.
- GNSDK API is available now
- Supports all common infotainment and connected car platforms.
- Over-the-air updates ensure data is current with station formats and imagery.